Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Bell Peppers
The hardest part for me when trying to be healthy is the carbs. I'm a woman who loves bread and pasta. When I lost weight last year, I never fully cut out carbs out my diet because I believe that you can still eat what you want and use portion control. As I moved to Denver, I was eating more carbs than my body was used to and I obviously gained weight from it. To take less carbs out of my diet, I was starting to look up recipes that still contained good food, but less carb intake. I thought I would share this recipe with you, Stuffed Philly Cheesesteak Bell Peppers.
Ingredients that you will need:
- Sirloin steak
- Provolone cheese
- Bell pepper (can be any color of your choosing)
- Banana peppers
- Grape Seed Oil (or Olive Oil)
Follow these steps to have a low carb, but yummy meal:
1. Set the oven 325 and cook the bell peppers for 30 minutes.
2. While the bell peppers are cooking, you are going to sauté the vegetables. Pour the grape seed oil in the the pan. From there add the mushrooms, banana peppers and onions to be sautéed on medium.
3.One the vegetables are done, add the cut sirloin pieces to the pan and mix them with the vegetables. Let it cook for about 3 minutes on medium to low.
4. When the bell peppers are done, take them out to the oven and add a slice of the provolone cheese to the inside of the bell pepper. Once the meat and vegetables are done cooking, you are going to put a spoonful amount the vegetables and meat on-top of the cheese. Then add another slice of provolone on-top of the meat.
5. Put the fully loaded bell pepper back into the oven for 3 minutes so the cheese melts.
6. Once the 3 minutes are up, sprinkle some parsley on the bell pepper and you are good to eat.
This is a great appetizer for a get together and especially for a very simple dinner with a side salad. I hope you enjoy this recipe and let me know what you think once you try it.